- The Galaxy are currently 6-1-0, sitting in second place in the Western Conference standings. They are 1-1-0 on the road, with their only loss of the season coming in their trip to Dallas in Week 2.
- Minnesota United FC are currently 3-3-1 this season, in sixth place in the Western Conference standings. They have only had one match at home so far this season: a 3-3 draw with New York City FC.
- In all-time matchups between the Galaxy and Minnesota United, the Galaxy are 4-0-1, and 2-0-0 away vs. Minnesota. The last time these two met was on March 16, when the Galaxy won 3-2 at home.
- As far as injuries, the Galaxy will be missing midfielders Romain Alessandrini (knee) and Perry Kitchen (ankle), as well as defender Rolf Feltscher (groin). Minnesota have just two players listed as questionable for this match: defenders Chase Gasper and Ike Opara.
- Both Francisco Calvo and Jan Gregus are serving suspensions for this match and will be unavailable for the Loons. Midfielders Jonathan Dos Santos (LA), Sebastian Lletget (LA), and Osvaldo Alonso (MIN) will miss a match due to yellow card accumulation after two more yellow cards.
- LA Galaxy forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic is currently in second place in the MLS Golden Boot race, with seven goals in just five matches.
- The officials are Chris Penso (referee), Logan Brown (AR1), Jeremy Kieso (AR2), Ismir Pekmic (4th), Drew Fischer (VAR) and Craig Lowry (AVAR).
- The Galaxy supporters groups have put together a list of viewing parties for this match:
— Angel City Brigade (@ACBrigade) April 23, 2019