LOS ANGELES — The Galaxy will be without forward and leading goal scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic when they head to Colorado for a Saturday matchup against the Rapids. Kickoff is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City. Here are a few things you should know before the match:
- Ibrahimovic will miss this match in Colorado due to league rules regarding the MLS All-Star Game. Ibra was voted onto the All-Star roster but opted not to participate after a high volume of games in a short amount of time. The artificial turf field at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, where the match was played, also factored into his decision. He will be available for the Galaxy’s next match Aug. 11 at home against Minnesota United.
- Midfielder Romain Alessandrini returns to the squad after serving a one-match suspension due to yellow card accumulation. Defender Michael Ciani is in peril of suspension after one more yellow card, and Jorgen Skjelvik is two yellow cards away from suspension.
- The Galaxy are 10-7-5 so far this season and 4-3-4 on the road. They are in the midst of a nine-match unbeaten streak and sit in third place in the Western Conference with 35 points in 22 games played.
- The Colorado Rapids are 4-12-5 overall and 3-5-3 at home, with 17 points from 21 games played. They are in 11th place in the Western Conference standings and sit 14 points below the playoff line.
- In each of the Galaxy’s last four matches, they came from being down a goal to earn at least a point and have won three of those four matches.
- Colorado’s last win came July 1 at Vancouver with a 1-0 score. The Rapids’ last home win was June 23, a 3-2 win over Minnesota United.
- Both Sebastian Lletget and Rolf Feltscher are working their way back from injuries. Lletget played just over 30 minutes in the last match. Feltscher is still looking to return to full fitness before seeing playing time.
Catch up on all the latest LA Galaxy news right here.