The LA Galaxy will take on the Vancouver Whitecaps on Friday night at BC Place in Canada. The Whitecaps are still looking for their first win of the season, while the Galaxy are hoping to continue in the right direction. Here’s what you need to know heading into the match:
- The Galaxy are 3-1-0 overall this season and 0-1-0 on the road, putting them fifth in the Western Conference. They’ve scored seven goals and allowed six, but are still looking for their first road win of the year.
- The Whitecaps are 0-3-1 overall and 0-1-1 at home, sitting in 10th place in the Western Conference. They have scored four goals and allowed seven.
- All time, the Galaxy are 10-5-5 against the Whitecaps and 2-3-4 in Vancouver.
- Midfielder Juninho is listed as “questionable” because of his knee injury and midfielder Perry Kitchen is still out due to his ankle injury, per the Galaxy’s game notes.
- The Galaxy’s starters defensively have been consistent so far this season. Jorgen Skjelvik, Diego Polenta, Daniel Steres and Rolf Feltscher have started in front of goalkeeper David Bingham for all four matches. They have yet to secure a clean sheet this year.
- Last season, Zlatan Ibrahimovic was limited in minutes on artificial surfaces because he continued recovering from a knee injury. However, despite missing several matches this year due to Achilles tendon concerns and BC Place having artificial turf, Ibrahimovic will travel with the Galaxy to the match.