The LA Galaxy are in the midst of a four match losing streak as they head to take on Orlando City SC. Here’s what you need to know heading into the match:
- The Galaxy are currently 7-5-1 overall and have a 1-3-1 record on the road so far this season. They sit in 4th place in the Western Conference standings with 22 points from 13 matches.
- Orlando City SC is in 10th place in the Eastern Conference with 15 points in 13 games played. They currently have a 4-6-3 record overall with a 3-3-1 record at home.
- All time against Orlando City SC, the Galaxy are 2-2-0 and 0-2-0 when away to Orlando.
- Galaxy forward, and leading goal scorer, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is suspended for this match, along with Orlando’s Dom Dwyer. Ibrahimovic is serving the second of two matches suspended after the MLS Disciplinary Committee found him guilty of “violent conduct” in the Galaxy’s May 11 match against NYCFC. Dwyer is serving a one game suspension due to yellow card accumulation.
- There are four players from these two teams who are in danger of suspension after two more yellow cards: Orlando’s Robin Jansson and the Galaxy’s Ibrahimovic, Diego Polenta and Sebastian Lletget.
- The Galaxy’s roster is nearing full health, as Perry Kitchen is returning to the fold after dealing with an ankle injury that left him on the sidelines for an extended period of time. The only other player on the injury list is Romain Alessandrini, who is expected to be unavailable through August.
- In the midst of a four game losing streak, the Galaxy are struggling to score goals without their star forward Ibrahimovic. They have scored just three goals in the four matches so far in May, and have not scored since Daniel Steres’ goal in the 87th minute of their 3-1 loss to Columbus on May 8th.
- The referees for this match are Allen Chapman (center), Jeremy Hanson (AR1), Oscar Mitchell- Carvalho (AR2), Thomas Snyder (4th), Kevin Terry, Jr. (VAR) and Kevin Klinger (AVAR).
- Here is a list of viewing parties throughout the LA area:
— Angel City Brigade (@ACBrigade) May 22, 2019