The LA Galaxy will host the San Jose Earthquakes on Friday night at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. Here’s what you need to know before the match:
- Heading into the game, the Galaxy sit in second place in the Western Conference standings with 34 points from a 11-7-1 record. They currently have a 7-3-0 home record and are coming off a 2-0 win over Toronto FC on July 4.
- The San Jose Earthquakes are sixth in the Western Conference standings with 28 points and a 8-7-4 record. Their road record so far this season is 1-4-3 and they are heading into this match after a 1-0 win over Real Salt Lake on Saturday.
- All time between these two teams, the Galaxy lead with 31 wins, San Jose has 23 wins and they have 15 draws. The Galaxy are looking for revenge after they fell 3-0 to the Earthquakes less than two weeks ago in San Jose.
- Of note, Jonathan Dos Santos and Uriel Antuna have returned from international duty after winning the Gold Cup with Mexico. With these two players back in the fold, the Galaxy have all players back from international duty.
- Several Galaxy players will also return from injury, meaning only Sebastian Lletget and Romain Alessandrini are expected to be unavailable due to injury.
- LA Galaxy defender Diego Polenta is suspended for this match due to yellow card accumulation. San Jose’s Harold Cummings are Marcos Lopez are both in danger of suspension after one more yellow card, and the Galaxy’s Favio Alvarez, Joe Corona and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are in danger after two more yellow cards.
- The officials for this match are Nima Saghafi (center), Logan Brown (AR1), Mike Rottersman (AR2), Rosendo Mendoza (4th), Hilario Grajeda (VAR) and Cameron Blanchard (AVAR).