LOS ANGELES — The LA Galaxy will host the Philadelphia Union at 7:30 p.m. Saturday night at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif. Here’s what you need to know before the match:
- Heading into the match, the Galaxy have a 4-1-0 record overall and are 3-0-0 at home. Their only loss came one the road to FC Dallas on March 9.
- The Galaxy are currently on a three-game winning streak stemming back to their 3-2 win over Minnesota on March 16.
- The Philadelphia Union are 3-2-1 overall and 1-1-1 on the road. Their last match was a 2-1 win over FC Dallas on April 6.
- All time against the Union, the Galaxy are 7-1-3 and 4-1-1 at home. The last match between these teams ended in a 3-1 win for the Galaxy in Philadelphia.
- On the injury list for the Galaxy is midfielder Perry Kitchen, who is still out due to an ankle injury, as well as defender Diego Polenta, who is listed as questionable for this match.
- The only player in yellow card accumulation danger is LA’s Jonathan Dos Santos, who will be suspended after two more yellow cards.
- The officials for this match are David Gantar, Adam Wienckowski (AR1), TJ Zablocki (AR2), Joseph Dickerson (4th), Jorge Gonzalez (VAR) and Fabio Tovar (AVAR).