LOS ANGELES — The LA Galaxy host the Houston Dynamo on Friday night at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif. Both teams are heading into the match on four-game winning streaks, and this is the first meeting between the teams since the last match of the 2018 season — when Houston knocked the Galaxy out of playoff contention.
Here’s what you need to know before the match:
- The Galaxy are currently in third place in the Western Conference with a 5-1-0 overall record and a 4-0-0 record at home.
- The Houston Dynamo are 4-0-1 heading into the match and 1-0-0 on the road. They are one of two undefeated teams remaining this season and sit in fourth place in the Western Conference. They have three less games played than first-place LAFC.
- All time against the Houston Dynamo, the Galaxy are 10-11-7 and 5-4-4 at home. Houston defeated the Galaxy in their two meetings last season, both by a 3-2 scoreline.
- As far as injury concerns go for the Galaxy, defender Rolf Feltscher is expected to miss this match due to a groin injury he sustained last match and midfielder Perry Kitchen is still out due to an ankle injury.
- Midfielders Jonathan Dos Santos and Sebastian Lletget will be suspended due to yellow card accumulation after two more yellow cards. There are no players on the Dynamo in yellow card accumulation danger.
- The Galaxy will celebrate “Protect the Pitch” night at the match, where both teams will be wearing their Parley kits made from ocean waste. Also, the Galaxy Garden, which is an “on-site garden and greenhouse that grows fruits and vegetables consumed by the players and staff daily,” is located on the southwest corner of the stadium concourse, according to a release from the club.
- The officials for this match are Jair Marrufo (center), Jeffrey Greeson (AR1), Chris Elliott (AR2), Guido Gonzales, Jr. (4th), Alex Chilowicz (VAR) and Cameron Blanchard (VAR2).
- Immediately following the match, the LA Galaxy Special Olympics Southern California Unified Team will face the Houston Dynamo Special Olympics Unified Team in the stadium, kicking off their 2019 campaign.