The LA Galaxy will head to Frisco, Texas, to take on FC Dallas at 3:30 p.m. Saturday for their first road match of the year. Coming off a late, dramatic win against the Chicago Fire, the Galaxy will look to continue 2019 on the right foot. Here is what you need to know heading into the match:
- The Galaxy is 33-27-12 all time against FC Dallas, and 9-20-7 away to Dallas. In both meetings in the 2018 season, on May 12 and 30, Dallas won 3-2.
- In its most recent match, FC Dallas drew 1-1 with the New England Revolution at home. The lone goal came from Michael Barrios in the 13th minute.
- The injury list is already fairly lengthy for this early in the season. Midfielders Sebastian Lletget, Perry Kitchen, Romain Alessandrini and Juninho and forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic are unlikely to travel due to injury.
- The Galaxy made several signings this week to fill in roster gaps that had been opened through the departures of Ola Kamara and Giovani Dos Santos. Incoming players include midfielder Joe Corona from Club Tijuana, forward Ethan Zubak from Galaxy II and defender Diedie Traore, also from Galaxy II.
- The referee crew for this match will be Armando Villarreal, Ian Anderson (AR1), TJ Zablocki (AR2), Joseph Dickerson (4th official) and Jose Carlos Rivero (VAR).
- The Galaxy supporters groups have compiled a list of viewing parties for fans to gather to watch this match:
#LAGalaxy viewing parties across Central/Southern California Saturday v FCD! Head over to our website for full map! Which one will you be attending if not making the trip out to Dallas?
👀🤔@Galaxians @LARiotSquad @CozmoLAGalaxy @LAGalaxy pic.twitter.com/EP00SVI1tJ
— Angel City Brigade (@ACBrigade) March 6, 2019