The award is given to the best goal scored between July 16, 2018, and July 19, 2019. Public voting for the best goal runs through Sept. 1 and will reduce the list to three finalists.
The winner will be decided by a vote from FIFA legends.
The other candidates include:
- Matheus Cunha – RB Leipzig
- Lionel Messi – FC Barcelona
- Ajara Nchout – Cameroon women’s national team
- Fabio Quagliarella – Sampdoria
- Juan Fernando Quintero – River Plate
- Amy Rodriguez – Utah Royals FC
- Billie Simpson – Cliftonville Ladies FC
- Andros Townsend – Crystal Palace
- Dániel Zsóri – Debrecen FC
This is Ibrahimovic’s fourth time being nominated for the Puskás award. He also was nominated in 2011, 2013 and 2014. He won the award in 2013 for a goal he scored playing for the Sweden men’s national team in a friendly against England.