The Galaxy finish their road trip with a stop in Columbus to face the Crew on Wednesday at 7:30pm PT at Mapfre Stadium. Here’s what you need to know ahead of the match:
- The Galaxy head into the match in second place in the Western Conference standings, with 22 points from a 7-2-1 record. They are 2-1-2 on the road this year.
- Most recent line up: 5/4 at RBNY- David Bingham; Rolf Feltscher, Daniel Steres, Diego Polenta, Diedie Traore (Juninho Pereira 83); Jonathan Dos Santos, Joe Corona, Chris Pontius, Uriel Antuna (Emmanuel Boateng 76); Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- The Columbus Crew sit in sixth place in the Eastern Conference standings, with a 4-6-1 record and 13 points. At home, they have a 3-2-1 record so far this season.
- Most recent line up: 5/4 at DCU Zack Steffen; Hector Jimenez (Luis Argudo 75), Jonathan Mensah, Josh Williams, Waylon Francis; Artur, Wil Trapp, Pedro Santos, Federico Higuain (Niko Hansen 65), Robinho; Gyasi Zardes (J.J. Williams 65).
- For the Galaxy, midfielders Kitchen and Alessandrini are still unavailable for this match due to injury, and defender Julian Araujo is listed as questionable due to a foot injury. For Columbus, Harrison Afful and Milton Valenzuela are unavailable due to injury.
- No players for either team will be suspended after one more yellow card.
- Both sides are looking to use this match to get back on track: the Galaxy just suffered their first defeat after stringing together a seven match unbeaten streak, while the Columbus Crew have lost their last five matches in a row.
- LA Galaxy head coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto will be making his return to Columbus for the first time since returning to MLS. Schelotto joined Columbus in 2007 and helped the team earn back-to-back Supporters’ Shield titles in 2008 and 2009 and the club’s only MLS Cup in 2008.
- The officials for this match are Rubiel Vazquez (center), Andrew Bigelow (AR1), Gjovalin Bori (AR2), Jon Freemon (4th official), and Daniel Radford (VAR).