With just six games remaining in the regular season, the LA Galaxy head to Colorado to face the Rapids. Both teams sit below the playoff line, but the Galaxy are just one point out of the playoff picture. Here’s what you need to know heading into the match:
- The Galaxy have a three-game winless streak, with their last victory coming Aug. 14 at home against FC Dallas. LA has a 13-12-3 record overall this season and a 4-8-2 mark on the road.
- The Colorado Rapids, however, are on a two-game winning streak and are hoping to string together enough points to make their claim on a playoff spot. They sit in 10th in the Western Conference with 33 points and are not yet disqualified from the playoff picture.
- All time against the Rapids, the Galaxy are 37-27-11 and 13-19-5 in Colorado. This season, Colorado is 7-6-2 at home, making this trip a tough test for the Galaxy.
- Both teams will have notable absences for this match. The Galaxy have midfielders Sebastian Lletget and Jonathan Dos Santos still away to international duty, and Diego Polenta is suspended due to yellow card accumulation. For the Rapids, Diego Rubio and Kei Kamara will serve suspensions for this match.
- The Galaxy will be well-rested heading into the match, with their last game being a frustrating 4-3 road loss Sept. 1 against the Seattle Sounders. Colorado played during the international break defeating the Sounders, 2-0, with both goals from Andre Shinyashiki, who earned MLS player of the week honors for his role in that match.