LOS ANGELES — The LA Galaxy head to Harrison, N. J., to take on the New York Red Bulls on Saturday at 2 p.m. ET at Red Bull Arena. Here’s what you need to know heading into the match:
- The Galaxy are on a seven-match unbeaten streak with a 7-1-1 record overall, sitting in second place in the Western Conference. They are 1-1-1 on the road so far this season, with all three prior road matches this year against Western Conference foes.
- The Red Bulls are ninth in the Eastern Conference standings with a 2-4-2 overall record. They recently snapped their five-game winless streak with a 1-0 win over expansion side FC Cincinnati on April 27.
- For the Galaxy, defender Julian Araujo (foot) is listed as questionable for the match, while midfielders Perry Kitchen (ankle) and Romain Alessandrini (knee) are both still unavailable.
- Red Bulls Forward Bradley Wright-Phillips (groin) is listed as questionable for this match and Florian Valot (knee) is still unavailable.
- Red Bulls’ Kaku is suspended through May 8, but no other players from either team are missing this match due to suspension.
- LA Galaxy midfielders Jonathan Dos Santos and Sebastian Lletget are two yellow cards away from suspension due to yellow card accumulation.
- The Galaxy’s last match was a 2-1 win at home against Real Salt Lake April 28, with goals from Uriel Antuna in the 16th minute and Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the 78th minute.
- Lineup vs. RSL: David Bingham; Rolf Feltscher (Giancarlo Gonzalez 88), Daniel Steres, Diego Polenta, Diedie Traore; Chris Pontius, Jonathan Dos Santos, Sebastian Lletget, Joe Corona (Servando Carrasco 84), Uriel Antuna (Emmanuel Boateng 73); Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- The New York Red Bulls’ last match was a 1-0 win over FC Cincinnati with a 38th-minute goal from Connor Lade.
- Lineup vs. CIN: Luis Robles; Alex Muyl, Aaron Long, Amro Tarek (Kemar Lawrence 77), Tim Parker, Connor Lade; Omir Fernandez (Michael Amir Murillo 69), Sean Davis, Marc Rzatkowski, Daniel Royer; Brian White (Mathias Jorgensen 86).
- LA Galaxy forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic is in second place in the MLS golden boot race with eight goals in the seven matches he’s played so far this season.
- The officials for this match are Nima Saghafi (center), Adam Wienckowski (AR1), Jose de Silva (AR2), Rosendo Mendoza (4th official), Silviu Petrescu (VAR), and Thomas Supple (AVAR).
- LA Galaxy supporter groups have put together viewing parties for this match throughout Southern California. See tweet with locations here:
Couldn’t make it out NY/NJ with the 200+ #LAGalaxy supporters making the trip? Then make it out to a viewing party near you! 11:00 AM PST kick off! 💙⚪️💛 @CozmoLAGalaxy @LARiotSquad @Galaxians @LAGalaxy @LAGalaxy_Es pic.twitter.com/AnHIkk4j3E
— Angel City Brigade (@ACBrigade) May 1, 2019