The LA Galaxy will host Real Salt Lake Saturday night at 10:30 p.m. EST at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif., for their last match before the World Cup break.
Here are a few things to know before the match:
- All time, the Galaxy are 14-138 against Real Salt Lake, and 10-7-2 at home. RSL is currently 7-6-1 on the season and 1-5-1 on the road.
- Real Salt Lake currently have a three-game winning streak in MLS regular-season play, after beating Seattle twice, both home and away, and Houston at home.
- The Galaxy will be without both Dos Santos brothers, who are currently still unavailable due to international duty. Forward Ola Kamara will be returning to the club after playing 45 minutes in Norway’s friendly match against Panama on Wednesday in Norway.
- Perry Kitchen is one yellow card away from being suspended due to yellow card accumulation, while Michaël Ciani is two yellow cards away.
- The Galaxy’s Wednesday night Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup match shouldn’t have much effect on the roster for this game, as most of the Galaxy’s starting lineup weren’t involved in that match.
- For active Galaxy players, Ola Kamara has five goals in his two matches all-time against Real Salt Lake, while Ema Boateng has three goals and two assists in his five matches. It is of note that both of these players, Kamara and Boateng, also currently lead the Galaxy in goals and assists, respectively.
The match will be broadcast on Spectrum SportsNet in Los Angeles and KMYU in Salt Lake City. Or, you can stream it on ESPN+ or Direct Kick.