The LA Galaxy are ending their three match road stint with a match against Eastern Conference side D.C. United. The trip has not treated the Galaxy well so far, as they have an aggregate 7-0 losing scoreline in their two matches so far, but things may be looking up for the Galaxy with their latest reinforcement Cristian Pavón joining the team for the trip to D.C. Here is what you need to know heading into the match:
- The Galaxy sit in 5th place in the Western Conference standings with a 12-10-1 overall record and a 4-6-1 record on the road. Their last match was a 3-0 loss in Atlanta that included two own goals and a penalty kick goal in favor of Atlanta. The Galaxy were also without three key players for the match, Zlatan Ibrahimović, Diego Polenta and Efrain Alvarez. Ibrahimović and Polenta are available for the Galaxy for this match, but Alvarez remains suspended.
- D.C. United head into the match in 5th place in the Eastern Conference with a 5-3-5 home record and a 9-7-9 record overall. Their last match was a 5-1 loss to the Philadelphia Union, with their lone goal coming from Frederic Brillant.
- All time against D.C. United, the Galaxy are 20-14-11 and 9-9-5 away to D.C. Their last meeting, a 2-2 draw, was on July 4 last season with Galaxy goals from Ibrahimović and Chris Pontius.
- Each team has one player suspended for this match: LA’s Efrain Alvarez and D.C.’s Junior Moreno. Galaxy midfielder Favio Alvarez and defender Diego Polenta, along with D.C. United midfielder Paul Arriola are all in danger of suspension due to yellow card accumulation if they receive one more yellow card. There are seven players, four for D.C. (Birnbaum, Brillant, Rooney and Martins) and three for LA (Corona, Feltscher and Araujo), who are in danger of suspension due to yellow card accumulation after two more yellow cards.
- Cristian Pavón, the Galaxy’s newest signing, is available to play for the Galaxy for this match after receiving the necessary international certificates to formally join the roster.
- The referees for this match are Alan Kelly (center), Kathryn Nesbitt (AR1), Claudiu Badea (AR2), Luis Guardia (4th), Geoff Gamble (VAR) and Craig Lowry (AVAR).