Major League Soccer fans already knew the who. That part was announced earlier this month. Wednesday, they got the when and where after Concacaf released the 2019 Champions League Round of 16 schedule.
The 2019 season kicks off in earnest on Feb. 19 when Toronto FC heads to Panama to meet Club Atletico Independiente at 8 p.m. ET. That is followed by a 10 p.m. start in Guatemala for the Houston Dynamo and CD Guastatoya.
On Feb. 20, the New York Red Bulls begin their title quest in the Dominican Republic, where they will meet Club Atletico Pantoja at 8 p.m.
The final two MLS teams in the 2019 competition are in action Feb. 21, with Sporting Kansas City hosting Toluca from Mexico at 8 p.m., while Atlanta United heads to Costa Rica to meet Herediano at 10 p.m.
The second legs will be the following week, with Houston and Toronto hosting on Feb. 26 and the Red Bulls opening Red Bull Arena on Feb. 27.
A day later, Atlanta United will play its home leg at Fifth Third Bank Stadium because monster truck and Supercross events are being held at Mercedes Benz Stadium in late February and early March. SKC is the lone road team in the second leg, facing Toluca at Estadio Nemesio Diez.
Matches will be broadcast on Univision Deportes and Yahoo Sports in the United States. The complete bracket is here.
Here is the entire Round of 16 schedule for MLS teams:
Tuesday, February 19
- Toronto FC at Club Atletico Independiente (PAN) – 8 pm
- Houston Dynamo at CD Guastatoya (GUA) – 10 pm
Wednesday, February 20
- New York Red Bulls at Club Atletico Pantoja (DOM) – 8 pm
Thursday, February 21
- Toluca FC (MEX) at Sporting Kansas City – 8 pm
- Atlanta United at CS Herediano (CRC) – 10 pm
Tuesday, February 26
- CD Guastatoya (GUA) at Houston Dynamo – 8 pm
- Club Atletico Independiente (PAN) at Toronto FC – 8 pm
Wednesday, February 27
- Club Atletico Pantoja (DOM) at New York Red Bulls – 8 pm
Thursday, February 28
- CS Herediano (CRC) at Atlanta United – 8 pm
- Sporting Kansas City at Toluca (MEX) – 10 pm